Sales/Marketing interns will be trained on creating marketing plans, sales techniques, and sales closing methods. Ideal for college students or recent graduates wishing to add real-world experience to their educational credentials. Goals will be set and a game plan will be established to help interns achieve and surpass goals. The intern program is designed to focus on advanced sales in a fun and exciting environment.
- Working as a team with other interns to plan and implement one complete promotional event per quarter under the guidance of staff
- Actively promoting existing events and programs
- Help develop and refine the overall AGV Sport student marketing plan
- Other duties as assigned – general office work
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Competency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, or desire to gain competency
By the end of this training the trainee will have learned to:
- Create a marketing plan for a specific product and target market
- Draw together profiles and marketing strategies for individual customers
- Write reports and present them to the Management team
- Create advertisements for client events
- Support worldwide promotional activities and campaigns
- Market and explore new ideas for inclusion in the company’s strategy
- Manage and develop existing client accounts
- Service an international customer base, providing excellent customer service and sales support to individual customers
- Participate as part of a team, on shared assignments and projects
- Deliver presentations to the company and its customers
- Put together the elements of a sponsorship deal between the company and its racers
- Compile a portfolio of completed training assignments at the end of the internship
- Learn in a mentoring relationship where regular appraisal/evaluation offers opportunities to give and receive feedback
- Industry and customer knowledge
- Case management
- Relationship development with customers and vendors
- Project management
- Financial knowledge
- Analysis techniques
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills
- Personal presentation and communication skill
The length of the internship is variable depending on the situation and school requirements, this subject is negotiable.
This position is open to all high school and college students with interests in marketing, public relations, advertising, or related fields. Must be organized, motivated, willing to travel, and be an avid motorcycle enthusiast.
Student interns will have an opportunity to receive college credit. Contact your undergraduate advising office for more information on academic credit. Compensation depends on your work program as defined above, some “lighter” work-load programs will have no compensation while others will have multiple benefits.
There will be at least three marketing interns each semester. Students wishing to apply for the internship should mail resumes to contact form or Frederick, Maryland, USA.